“I write books and share tips and advice; the last thing I want people to think is that I sit on my high horse and have it all figured out. The truth is, my best advice and lessons come more from my mistakes and failures than success.”-Jon Gordon
I have always been a fan of Jon Gordon and the wisdom he shares. I started with his sentiments as they are so humble and genuine. Many leaders I respect and know feel this same way. This is why they have found the success they have earned because of their authenticity.
In his reflection of being a dad this past Father’s Day, he gathered his thoughts of his lessons learned to help other dads. They are captured in his list of a few things.
Here are a few things:
- Focus on the moment instead of what’s next.
- Support and listen to them instead of giving advice.
- More trust and less fear.
- Ask what they want to do instead of telling them what they should do.
- Focus more on happiness than success.
- Let them figure it out instead of figuring it out for them.
- Bring calm energy instead of tense anxious energy.
It isn’t easy to find the balance between professional and personal. Many times mothers and fathers forget to take care of themselves individually. The most crucial factor is to take care of themselves as a couple. We face many challenges, but we have many places to turn for support.
Jon Gordon believes the best things you can give to your children are:
- Love them
- Believe in them
- Guide them
- Spend time with them
- Listen to them
- Pray for them
Thank you for being the solution daily. Positive Leadership is what Jon Gordon can help you achieve. Being a great dad is a plan we just gave you, but you already knew!