How much do you know the students you teach? The families you serve? Your co-workers you see each day? How about your neighbors, community, or the agencies providing service to others?
I share with you my one word for the year commitment. I hope you have selected one or at least thinking about one you can focus on for 2022. In addition to the one word, I always like to select an action step to complete to help me enrich my life.
I started painting in 2021 and completed four paintings I gifted to others. I gave my first one to my husband and it hangs in our home. The second one I gave to my daughter and she has it displayed in her home. I am not sure about the other two I gave to my sister-in-law and friend. They all seemed to be so happy with the paintings and this made me feel good. So I am going to plan to paint one painting every month starting in January. It is a lofty goal but I am just going to make an effort to paint monthly. I have purchased the materials and I am ready to go.
So, what are ways you can get to know others and get to know your self at a deeper level? If you are working in an Educational setting I have the Artifact Bag activity I have done I am placing in the resource page of my website. This is a fun way to get to know each other. I am guessing it would work in other settings as well!
Getting to know you
- Artifact Bag activity-Resource Page of Website
- Pop Back from Break-Resource Page of Website
- One on One Conversations
- Inviting to share lunch
- Sending a card to their home
- Sending out a question of the day- “What do you like to_____” When you are able to gather some data you can begin to drop off some favorite things on a “Favorite Thing Day.”
- Take a tour of the community to get to know all of the agencies
- Knock on doors to introduce yourself to those in the community
- Family, Friends and Food brings fun! (Hold special events)
- Have places for people to always drop in information you can gain information to learn more about them.